Five Reasons WCH Will Offer Temperature Controlled Transportation This Fall
There are more than 10,000 retiring baby boomers every day in the US. Many of these retiring baby boomers live in the Northeast and the Midwest and now are downsizing their primary home and buying or building a winter home in Florida. Getting their valuable art, wine and family heirlooms safely transported from cities like Chicago, New York City, Cleveland and Boston requires temperature-controlled truck transportation because these items are sensitive to heat and cold.
For over 20 years, William C Huff White Glove Moving and Storage Company has been helping downsizing baby boomers move to Florida from all across the country. As the demand to have temperature-controlled truck transportation continues to increase, William C Huff Companies will begin offering temperature-controlled truck transportation in the fall of 2022.
Here are five reasons William C Huff White Glove Moving and Storage will offer temperature-controlled truck transportation this fall:
· Wine Collections – Many successful baby boomers have spent years building very expensive wine collections. Transporting these collections cross-country requires a very specific temperature or the collection can spoil. Several years ago, William C Huff Companies had a client who had hired a wine transportation company to ship his wine collection from Chicago to Naples, FL and the collection was destroyed because it spent several days in a non-temperature-controlled truck. As it was a $2,000,000 collection, it was a painful misstep for the client.
· Fine Art – Fine art can be very sensitive to heat and cold. When art is kept at a very stable temperature for years in a gallery or Ultra High Net Worth Individual’s home, the paint can become sensitive to extreme temperature changes. William C Huff White Glove Moving and Storage will be able to provide safe transportation for fine art, beginning this fall, with its specialized temperature-controlled truck transportation.
· Antiques – Like fine art, antique furnishings become very sensitive to extreme temperature changes. Wood can crack or warp and finishes can peel, considerably devaluing the pieces. Most private insurers will insist on valuable antiques being shipped in a temperature-controlled truck transportation.
· Family Heirlooms – Although many family heirloom pieces may not be sensitive to temperature changes, these pieces have significant sentimental value to the homeowners. On many occasions, William C Huff White Glove Moving and Storage has been told by our clients that their family pieces are “worth more than money” because they represent a place in time that can never be repeated. Because any company that uses temperature-controlled truck transportation should have experience and professional training in handling irreplaceable/expensive pieces, these companies will handle those family heirlooms more safely than just a regular moving company would.
· Security – A proper temperature-controlled truck is outfitted with a double bunk sleeper that keeps the crew with the items being shipped, from the time that the items are loaded until they’re delivered, adding peace of mind of knowing there is no time when the truck is left unattended. This is critical to the safe delivery of items which require temperature-controlled truck transportation. Private insurers usually insist on transportation with a full sleeper cab for the crew.
The William C Huff White Glove Moving and Storage Company is excited to be adding a “custom-critical” temperature-controlled truck for transporting our clients’ valuable wine, fine art, and heirloom furnishings later this year. Our goal is to make regular, monthly trips between Southern Florida and Chicago, with scheduled stops all along the I75 corridor. Exceeding client expectations has been a 114 tradition at William C Huff Companies. Adding a temperature-controlled truck for transportation is just another example of our commitment to excellence.