5 Reasons to Use a Logistics Company Instead of a Moving Company
With over 80 million Baby Boomers downsizing at the same time, it is especially important to use a logistics company instead of an ordinary moving and storage company to help with all of the downsizing needs. With 30 to 40 years of upsizing, many homeowners have a daunting task to sort through all that they have collected and deciding what to do with it all. A logistics company understands these problems and knows how to take care of details, relieving the stresses associated with a major downsize.
Here are five main reasons for using a logistics company instead of a moving and storage company for downsizing:
- EXPERIENCE – By definition, a logistics company has years of experience in several areas surrounding the moving and storage industry. It is not about just “picking things up and putting them down.” Inventory, packing/crating, shipping, storing and handling are all part of logistics. Only experienced moving and storage companies have all of these capabilities.
- VALUABLE ITEMS – Homeowners who have upsized for many years have often accumulated a lot of heirlooms, artwork and antiques which require special handling. A logistics company has experience in all areas of packing, crating and handling these items. Any damage to these irreplaceable items devalues them considerably.
- CLIMATE CONTROLLED STORAGE – Many times, Downsizing American's need to store their valuable items until they can get into their smaller home. It is essential that these items are in climate-controlled storage until they find their way into a new home.
- SHIPPING-LOCAL-CROSS-COUNTRY-WORLDWIDE – Downsizing Baby Boomers often need items transported safely to many locations, sometimes even worldwide. A logistics company has the ability to arrange for transporting items anywhere in the world and right next door.
- RESOURCES- Downsizing Baby Boomers will often need to utilize the resources of several associated businesses in order to have a stress free downsize. Donation centers, appraisers, auction centers, recyclers and even junk removal services are needed for Downsizing American's. A logistics company can even arrange for new furnishings to be received for “open and inspect” services, rug cleaning, upholstering and cleaning services. Only experienced logistics companies have the connections to assist with all of these services.
The William C Huff White Glove Moving and Storage Company has been upsizing families for four generations and now is offering comprehensive logistics services for their downsizing Baby Boomer clients. Experience, combined with the latest technology enables the William C Huff Companies to deliver an exceptional experience for homeowners around the country.